Thursday, September 12, 2013

Easy Peanut Butter and Oat Cookies (Gluten free)

In the morning I usually check in with Miss. P and ask her - what we should do today? 9 times out of 10 she says baking! Since I don't really consider myself 'good' at baking, it makes me so happy to know that she loves it, even if it doesn't always end up the way we thought it might.

I think the key to decent baking (if you don't consider yourself a baker) is to pick and stick with some easy recipes that always yield good results. Limited on ingredients (meaning its been a bit since grocery day) I looked for something that we could make with whatever we had on hand.This recipe was very easy, had only a few ingredients and the cookies turned out moist and chewy (bonus they are gluten free).



I found the original recipe here http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/peanut-butter-oatmeal-cookies-4, but doubted the yeild so I doubled it (as below). Next time I will try some add-ons (chocolate chips, coconut?)...

Peanut Butter & Oat cookies (approx 24 cookies)

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Peanut Butter 
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 ½ cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
Instructions
  1. Pre heat oven to 350°
  2. In a medium bowl, cream peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
  3. Beat in egg.Add oats and baking soda to mixture and mix well. 
  4. Place spoonfuls on greased baking sheet 2 in. apart and flatten slightly.
  5. Bake at 350° for 8 - 10 minutes (I found they need at least 10 minutes in my oven).
  6. Store in an airtight container (if they don’t get eaten right off the cookie sheet!!).
Here we go...







They didn't last very long...

No comments:

Post a Comment